- To prepare the kolokassi, cut the ends and peel the skin. Rinse and
- With a sharp knife, cut across (1 ˝ cm thick) halfway then break
off. Repeat to the end. NB If slices are cut all the way across
without breaking off, the vegetable will melt while cooking.
- Sauté the onions then add the kolokassi and celery. Fry for 10 -15
minutes or until they start to change colour.
- Dissolve the tomato puree in a cup of hot water and pour into the
saucepan. Add salt and pepper.
- Ensure the food is covered in liquid (if not add some more hot
- Cover and simmer for 1-1 ˝ hours until the liquid is reduced and
the kolokassi is cooked.
- Serve hot as a vegetarian meal or cold as a meze.